The Fight Scene Rate System

I've complied a list of films with fight scenes. I've rated the fight scenes in the films on a scale from 0-5 stars. It's entirely subjective to my opinion, and I rate based on choreography, storytelling, performance and acting.

So now you know which movies to watch to get some good ole' action. Enjoy!

Sunday, September 27, 2015

Star Wars Episode 3: Revenge Of The Sith (2006)










Anakin Skywalker/Obi Wan Kenobi vs Count Dooku: 3.75/5


Obi Wan Kenobi vs General Grievous: 3/5


Mace Windu and other Jedi vs Palpatine: 3/5


Yoda vs Palpatine: 3.5/5


Obi Wan Kenobi vs Anakin Skywalker: 4.25/5




I'm risking credibility here, but I actually enjoyed this movie. It's not a good movie, but I found a lot to like here. Maybe it's because the other prequels lowered my expectations so much that I don't even think of this in the context of a Star Wars movie, but rather as a straight up action movie. And as action movies go, this delivered.

Sure, Hayden Christensen is still terrible. But he does less talking and more lightsaber dueling in this movie. Yes, him and Padme still have no chemistry. But there's less scenes of them together in this movie.

This movie has by far the most lightsaber action of all the Star Wars movies (as of this writing). And you can tell they really went for it. The final fight between Anakin and Obi Wan is truly epic. I know people want to resist giving it its due because the prequels, as an entity, has hurt something close to them. I have no such attachment to Star Wars. I can tell you, from a choreography and performance standpoint, it is definitively the best lightsaber fight in the entire franchise. I'm including Clone Wars in that, as well. Now, that doesn't make Darth Vader looking up and screaming, "NOOOOO!" 5 minutes later ok. That's not ok, that was stupid. But that end fight is still amazing. And the score is terrific too.


Look, this is not a great film, but it is the best of the prequels by far. If you want action, you'll dig this. If you want a well told story with great characters, what makes you think the prequels would start that now? Thumbs in the middle on this one. Mildly recommended.




No comments:

Post a Comment