The Fight Scene Rate System

I've complied a list of films with fight scenes. I've rated the fight scenes in the films on a scale from 0-5 stars. It's entirely subjective to my opinion, and I rate based on choreography, storytelling, performance and acting.

So now you know which movies to watch to get some good ole' action. Enjoy!

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Heroes Of The East (1978)








Tao vs Koda: 2.25/5


Tao vs Koda: 2.75/5


Tao vs Kendo Master: 3/5


Drunken Master Fight: 2/5


 Tao vs Karate Master: 3.25/5


Tao vs Nunchaku/Tonfa Master: 3.5/5


Tao vs Sojutsu Master: 3.5/5


Tao vs Sai Master: 3.25/5


Tao vs Judo Master: 2.5/5


Tao vs Takeno Round 1: 3/5


Tao vs Takeno Round 2: 3.75/5



I really dug this movie. It was kind of revolutionary for its time in that most Chinese kung fu movies portrayed Japanese people as awful monsters, whereas in this movie they are mostly honorable and fight in the spirit of sport. I also really enjoyed the variety of martial arts employed. There are no blow away fights but nothing is bad. And there's some really good stuff in here. Recommended.



No comments:

Post a Comment