The Fight Scene Rate System

I've complied a list of films with fight scenes. I've rated the fight scenes in the films on a scale from 0-5 stars. It's entirely subjective to my opinion, and I rate based on choreography, storytelling, performance and acting.

So now you know which movies to watch to get some good ole' action. Enjoy!

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Ip Man 2 (2010)








Ip Man vs Wong: 2.75/5


Ip Man vs 3 Dudes: 2.5/5


Wong vs Martial Artist: 2.75/5


Ip Man/Wong vs Gang: 3.25/5


Ip Man vs Law: 2.25/5


Ip Man vs Cheng: 3/5


Ip Man vs Hung: 4/5


Twister vs Hung: 3.75/5


Ip man vs Twister: 4.25/5



This is a great film. Ip Man is Donnie Yen's best role. Good fighting throughout, with 2 great fights that make the whole film worthwhile.

It's kind of hilarious how evil the foreigners act. This is a very "Ra Ra China!" movie. Though that's a fairly common trope among Chinese martial arts films, it was especially noticeable in this.

The final fight is so great. I really dig the music backing it. The choreography blending the styles together, Ip man overcoming the odds, using Sammo's moves...really well done. I'm also a huge fan of limb destruction in fight scenes, so Ip Man's comeback was especially cool to me.

As good as the first movie. Recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment