The Fight Scene Rate System

I've complied a list of films with fight scenes. I've rated the fight scenes in the films on a scale from 0-5 stars. It's entirely subjective to my opinion, and I rate based on choreography, storytelling, performance and acting.

So now you know which movies to watch to get some good ole' action. Enjoy!

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Drive (1997)




Opening Fight: 3/5


Bar Fight: 2.5/5


Handcuff Fight: 2.75/5


Motel Fight: 3.75/5


Garage Fight: 4/5


Toby/Malik vs Thugs/Bikers: 2.75/5


Toby vs Advanced Model: 4.5/5



What a great movie. Ok, so it's cheesy, the acting's not very good and it's not very well written. But it's still great.

Mark Dacascos' screen fighting was so good in this. The stunt work and choreography were both on point. Creative martial arts action sequences. And wire work that didn't annoy me.

The final fight feels so epic. It hits all of the cliche "final fight" beats but does it so well. This came out before The Matrix and while it's not in the same league as The Matrix as a film, as a martial arts movie it's quite comparable. Really good work there.

I dig this movie. Recommended.




No comments:

Post a Comment