The Fight Scene Rate System

I've complied a list of films with fight scenes. I've rated the fight scenes in the films on a scale from 0-5 stars. It's entirely subjective to my opinion, and I rate based on choreography, storytelling, performance and acting.

So now you know which movies to watch to get some good ole' action. Enjoy!

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Shanghai Express a.k.a. Millionaire's Express (1986)


One of my all time favorite martial arts films. Some great fights in this.


Kids Fight: 3/5

Sammo vs Yuen: 4/5

Samurai vs Thugs: 2/5

Two Guys vs Tough Bandit: 2.75/5

Sammo Eskrima Fight: 3.25/5

Yukari vs Thugs: 3.5/5

Yuen Biao vs Dick Wei: 5/5

Sammo vs Cynthia: 3.5/5

Hwang Jang Lee vs Thugs: 4/5

Richard Norton vs Yusuaki Kurata: 3.25/5

Yuen Biao & Sammo vs. Hwang Jang Lee: 3/5


I broke the finale into parts but the entire finale is splendid. And Yuen vs Sammo is very good too, though their fight in Shanghai Shanghai is better. Hwang Jang crushes many stuntmen with great kicks. Yuen Biao vs Dick Wei is one of the greatest fights of all time. Highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment