The Fight Scene Rate System

I've complied a list of films with fight scenes. I've rated the fight scenes in the films on a scale from 0-5 stars. It's entirely subjective to my opinion, and I rate based on choreography, storytelling, performance and acting.

So now you know which movies to watch to get some good ole' action. Enjoy!

Friday, December 30, 2016

Ip Man 3 (2015, 2016)







Cheung vs Fighter: 2/5


Ip Man vs Thugs: N/R


School Fight: 4/5


Cheung vs Tin: 2.75/5


Shipyard Fight: 4/5


Ip Man vs Thai Boxer: 4/5


Ip Man vs Frank (Mike Tyson): 3.75/5


Cheung Fight Montage: 2.5/5


Ip Man vs Cheung: 4.5/5


Man I loved this film. I kind of thought the Ip Man films would go the way of the Rocky films where they would just get cheesier and lose focus, while remaining entertaining. I mostly thought that due to the inclusion of Mike Tyson. But this might've been the most grounded movie of all of them.

There's a ton of great action in this one and a lot of great themes. There's a lot of focus on Ip Man and his wife's relationship, and I really dug that. I feel their relationship always played 3rd or 4th fiddle to Ip Man's quests but here it's highlighted throughout the film. A lot of emotional depth here.

The Tyson fight scene over delivered. I was expecting it to be the worst thing in the whole trilogy and it was surprisingly good, reminiscent of Bruce Lee and Kareem-Abdul Jabbar from Game Of Death. Tyson threw in some really cool boxing head movement which made his character seem more dynamic and cinematically eye pleasing.

The finale sees the one thing this entire trilogy had been missing. A big time Wing Chun vs Wing Chun fight. And it delivers. I'd probably rank it in the top 3 fights of the entire trilogy, and arguably #1. It's a classic.

Loved this movie. Highly recommended.


No comments:

Post a Comment